1. What were the reasons that you chose to study the International Preparation for Fashion at London College of Fashion?
Because this IPF course gave me the opportunity to try out subjects in different areas. While studying the course, I first decided to focus on Women's wear. However, because of the IPF course, I have realised that women's wear does not suit me, so I decided to try out footwear, which then became my first choice.
2. What was your inspiration to study Art & Design in the UK?
Art was already my passion and shoes have always been my favourite piece of accessories. However, the reasons I decided to study in the UK was because of my mother and sister who was brought up and studied there before.
3. How about your educational background, were you interested in Fashion Design?
I did not start out with an interest in fashion. It was more of Design Technology which let me design and create things. I became interested in fashion when I moved to UK.
4. How was your student life in London?
Being an art student, there has to be lots of work to do, but because I am studying the things I enjoy doing. I manage to keep up the work as a student and still enjoy my life in London.
5. What was your impression upon programme, the lecturers and friends?
I did not think that the course was that great as this was their first year. The lectures were really helpful and interesting and my class mates were really nice and friendly.
6. What was your masterpiece during your studying at LCF?
Designing my own shoe collection as my final project.
7. What is your favourite restaurant in London?
Four season and Assa
8. Where is your favourite place to shop in London?
Covent garden and Oxford street
9. How do you relax when you're not studying?
Usually I will take a visit to the park. (Regents Park and Hyde Park)
10. Tell us about your study and professional plans for the upcoming year.
Next year I will be studying footwear for my BA course at LCF.
Mentor International is very grateful to Khun Ploypayap for speaking to us about her experience. We were also very pleased to advise her for study overseas. We wish her tons of success in her study on the coming BA course Fashion Footwear.
Do you need advice? Give us a call on 02 255 5157-9 www.mentor.ac